Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 9 and 10

Day 9 and 10 were both long days for me.  The food was getting boring and the pills were seeming endless but during the middle part of my day on day nine I realized that I was making it worse than it really was.  The main thing that I have learned is that during any diet, detox, or change in personal habits you will always hit a peak.  That last, yet hardest, curve of the mountain right before the peak is always there and is always present when you feel that like things could not get any worse.  Then in the horizon you see that line; that bold divider between the sky and road that indicates one thing...the travel is about to get easier.  I saw this on day nine and this thought got me through day 10 knowing that now going into day 11 I can introduce some variety and I am only 10 days from the finish line.  The travel is now starting to go downhill and things are better. 

I am starting to feel better; the weight is coming off, the exercise is getting easier, and the food is not so boring.  My tip for anyone going through this is to be creative and mix things up.  There may not seem like to many opinions but if you fill your free time by searching for some different recipes not only will your time go by a little quicker but you will also find something new to look forward to at the next dinner time.  My wife came up with a really good "fried" rice recipe combining cooked brown rice, carrots, peas, and our allowed one egg per day for something that was really tasty and different.  Now since I am heading into day 11 I can introduce some chicken to the leftover "fried" rice and have a really tasty meal.

For my body over the past two days I have lost more weight and now the total is up to 10 pounds lost.  I have not weighted this much since my sophomore year in college.  My only complaint is still having to go to the bathroom more than usual due to the amount of water you have to drink but that's not too bad compared to what I could be complaining about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment