Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 2-8

I know that I have been slack on posting these last few days but to be honest the past 7 days have been pretty much the same.  I will be continuing a day-to-day blog starting today though.  So without further delay...let us begin.

During day 2 I still had my headache, it was not as intense but it was still there.  The only time it was a major issue was when it was combined with a hunger headache.  My days become filled with greens, oranges, and browns as I was constantly filling my hunger with carrots, spinach, cucumbers, and brown rice.  During day 2 the food was good and my attitude was still positive due to the fact that I was already feeling a change in my system.  The only thing that was annoying (besides the headaches) was the constant visits to the restroom from all the water I was drinking.

Day 3 was not much different from day two.  My headache was starting to go away and it was not really intense unless I was hungry, which was starting to be more frequent and I was starting to crave more than the normal diet of a rabbit.  The supplements were starting to become a habit to take;  wake up, take my supplements, drink water, go to the bathroom, repeat at lunch and dinner.  They were not too bad to take so I really didn't mind.  The big change that I was starting to have during this day was that I was becoming more appreciative of spices to cook with to add a little variety.

Day 4 came with some good feelings and that was because my headache was finally gone.  Now if you are reading this keep in mind that I was very reliant on my sweet tea and I did not wean myself off from it like instructed by my wife and Dr. Tori.  But now the only time I felt a headache was when I was hungry and the intensity of that hungry was not growing any longer.  I started mixing up my veggie and fruit snacks to add some variety to my day and I was eating something small every two hours, which was helping to satisfy my hungry.  The other thing that was starting to help me was that my wife and I were walking at least 30-45 minutes every day.  This little bit of exercise has made the hungry pains decrease and it gave me a little more energy to make it to the next "eating time". 

Day 5 and 6 were pretty much the same.  I have been continuing my exercise regiment and I no longer had any headaches.  The eating, supplement taking, and exercise schedules have become a happy habit to have.  I was not as hungry as my body was starting to adjust to the food that I was eating.  The only tips I would have for someone is to really looking into some different recipes.  Keeping the menu fresh is key during this time.  This way you are not as bored eating the same old thing day after day.  I did also find out that by mixing the SP Complete with coconut oil and a packet of stevia with almond milk separate from my mixed fruit for my shakes helped decrease the lumps and dry power taste that the SP Complete can provide.  This has made my shakes a little more enjoyable.

As day 7 and 8 started the exercise routine was starting to become an enjoyable activity instead of just a task.  I weighted myself for the first time and I have lost 8 pounds.  I do feel better and I have been able to keep my hungry under control.  The one thing that I have noticed is that the food options, no matter how many different ways I change things up, have started to become boring.  I have come to the realization that these next few days (until day 11 when I can introduce chicken, fish, and beef) that you just have to push through the day and enjoy the food as much as you can.  The one hint I can provide is to not look at Pintrest or the Food Network during this time.  The temptation is higher to "cheat" but in order to get the full benefits of the detox you must resist the urge.  I have found that by keeping myself busy with home and work tasks along with increasing the challenge level of my exercise routine, I have been able to keep mind mine off of food and the urge to eat more than needed.  I can say that by exercising right before dinner that no matter how boring the meal may be, it is always satisfying because of the exercise.

Now onto Day 9 and one day closer to that Day 11 spot where I can enjoy the taste of meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment