Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 11 - 15

Ok, I tried doing a day-to-day blog but obviously this has failed but there is a good reason.  Once you get involved with a life-changing process there comes a time when days tend to run into each other.  With the detox you will find that with the mid-point to the end of the program your days will start to run into each other.  The activities of your day may change such as work habits or at home activities but the eating and the supplement taking never changes so day 11 seems just like day 15.  Now just so I am not discouraging someone from trying the detox, there are some things that I have noticed. 

Between day 11 and 15 I lost more unwanted weight to bring my total to 12 pounds lost so far,  I have gained more energy, and I have also gained a better eating habit.  Now what I mean by a better eating habit is that when I have lunch or breakfast I am seeing that I am eating less and by spreading out my snacks I am able to stay full without any discomfort or hunger pains.  I don't allow myself to starve but I find that a single helping at dinner is more than enough when before the detox I was taking seconds without any hesitation.  I do advise people to exercise while on the detox.  The exercise has helped with my energy level and it has allowed me to take advantage of the full potential of weight loss to a new level.  Before the detox I hurt my back and I had to stop running.  I was running 3-plus miles in under 30 minutes and I was starting to get my body back to my old glory days of college (before parties and sleeping-in were introduced to me).  But with my back I was unable to run and when I started the detox I started to walk.  Walking helps strengthen your back and it keeps your joints loose.  With the detox I found that I was able to increase my speed and my walking time.  Combined with the weight loss and the exercise my back is starting to get better. 

Now with only a few days left I am looking forward to being able to eat some different items but I am also excited to know that I have better eating options and better meals that will benefit me far after this detox is over with.   

No comments:

Post a Comment